Please be aware of the following when hiring the beach wheelchair
- The beach wheelchair volunteer on duty cannot assist you with the transfer to the beach wheelchair from your normal wheelchair unless they have been trained to do so.
- The beach wheelchair volunteer will NOT push you in the chair.
- Please make sure you have someone with you who can assist you to get from your own chair to the beach wheelchair.
- Make sure you have someone with you who is fit enough to push the chair. Volunteers will not push the chair with you in it.
- You must ensure the beach wheelchair is suitable for your needs.
- Please use the safety belt/straps that come with the beach wheelchair.
- Secure footwear is recommended.
- Take care on the beach, especially of rocks and uneven sand.
- Please take care when going down the slipway, ensure the person pushing has full control.
- Prior to taking the beach wheelchair you must fill out the hire form and on the day provide proof of address and verifiable identification, ie, photo driving licence, passport. UK ID card.
Please return the wheelchair at the agreed time. If you are going to be delayed or have any problems with the chair please contact the volunteers on mobile 07305 077907