Biosphere Bikes Terms & Conditions of hire
By signing this Hire Agreement, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
THE GRAN TOUR 4 WHEELER MUST NOT BE USED ON A PUBLIC ROAD
- If you leave the bike unattended, lock it through the frame to a secure object, using the lock provided
- Always apply the brake when the bike is left unattended
- Do NOT get on and off while the bike is in motion
- Children under 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult (18yrs +)
- Children under 14yrs are NOT allowed to use the electric assist
- Occupants of the front seats with seatbelts MUST wear the seatbelts
- Do NOT turn sharply or brake at high speeds or take on steep gradients as this may cause toppling
- Keep to paved areas and do not go onto rough terrain or into water
- Use the bike in a responsible way, being respectful to other path users
- Do NOT lend the bike to anyone.
- Bring the bike back by the time agreed as others may be waiting for it
- Report any problems or damage to the hire-point
- The use of helmets is not a legal requirement, but we recommend them
- Children under 16years must wear a safety helmet
- Wear suitable clothing and be mindful of anything that may get caught in the bike mechanics
- Biosphere Bikes reserves the right to terminate hire and retain deposits should these conditions be broken
- Bicycles and all equipment remain the property of Biosphere Bikes
- If you know you have a problem and will not be back in time, please call to inform us to avoid additional charges
- The late return of a bike will incur an additional charge (minimum £10) if the hire point is not informed
- Always lock the bike if you leave it. Be aware that you are responsible for the bicycle and equipment and will be liable for any loss or damage to them.
- A deposit is taken when hiring the bike and is returned or refunded on return of the bike on time and undamaged.
- A credit or debit card may be left in lieu of a deposit.
- Please check the bike for damage and scratches before you leave and ask to note any pre-existing damage on this agreement below.
- Biosphere Bikes reserves the right to retain all or part of the deposit should the bike be returned in a damaged or unreasonable condition. This does not apply in case of a fault with the bike which is the result of fair wear and tear
- By signing this agreement you consent to Biosphere Bikes charging the cost of any such loss or damage to your credit or debit card.
- In the event of a breakdown, please call Biosphere Bikes in the first instance 07305 077 907
- You accept full responsibility if you ignore any of the above and Biosphere Bikes are not liable for injury or death to any person or loss or damage to any property that results. Save in respect of liability for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, the hire company’s liability to you whether in contract, breach of statutory duty or otherwise is limited to the cost of the hire. You agree to indemnify us against liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses arising out of or in connection with the death or injury or any damage to property resulting from your hire or use of equipment.