Biosphere Bikes Terms & Conditions of hire
By signing this Hire Agreement, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- If you leave a bike unattended, you will lock the bike through the frame and rear wheel to a secure object, using the lock provided
- You will keep to paved roads and dedicated off-road cycle-paths or bridleways and will not use the bike for ‘mountain bike’ type riding unless you are hiring a mountain bike.
- You will not ride electric bikes through deep water.
- You will use the bike in a responsible way, keeping to the rules of the road.
- You will not engage in racing, pace-making, time trials or speed testing.
- You will not lend the bike to anyone.
- You will bring the bike back by the time agreed.
- You will report any problems or damage to the hire-point.
- The use of helmets is not a legal requirement, but we recommend them.
- Children under 16years must wear a safety helmet.
- You will not attempt any moves beyond your skill level or the bike capabilities.
- Wear suitable clothing and be mindful of anything that may get caught in the bike mechanics
- Biosphere Bikes reserves the right immediately to terminate hire and to retain deposits should these conditions be broken.
- Bicycles and all equipment remain the property of Biosphere Bikes.
- Please bring the bikes back on time and please bear in mind that other people may be waiting for the bikes that you are riding.
- If you know you have a problem and will not be back in time, please call to inform us.
- The late return of a bike will incur an additional charge (minimum £10 per bike).
- Always lock the bike if you leave it. Be aware that you are responsible for the bicycle and equipment and will be liable for any loss or damage to them.
- A deposit is taken when hiring the bicycle and is returned or refunded on return of the Bicycle on time and undamaged.
- A credit or debit card may be left in lieu of a deposit.
- Please check your Bicycle for damage and scratches before you leave and ask to note any pre-existing damage on this agreement
- Biosphere Bikes reserves the right to retain all or part of the deposit should a bicycle be returned in a damaged or unreasonable condition. This does not apply in case of a fault with the bicycle which is the result of fair wear and tear.
- By signing this agreement you consent to Biosphere Bikes charging the cost of any such loss or damage to your credit or debit card.
- In the event of a breakdown, please call Biosphere Bikes in the first instance on 07305 077 907.
- You accept full responsibility if you ignore any of the above and Biosphere Bikes are not liable for injury or death to any person or loss or damage to any property that results. Save in respect of liability for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, the hire company’s liability to you whether in contract, breach of statutory duty or otherwise is limited to the cost of the hire. You agree to indemnify us against liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses arising out of or in connection with the death or injury or any damage to property resulting from your hire or use of equipment.