By accepting loan of a bike you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- If you leave a bike unattended, you will lock the bike through the frame and rear wheel to a secure object using the lock provided.
- You will keep to paved roads and dedicated off-road cycle-paths or bridleways and will not use the bike for’Mountain Bike’ type riding unless hiring a mountain bike.
- You will NOT ride electric bikes through deep water.
- You will use the bike in a responsible way, keeping to the rules of the road.
- You will not engage in racing, pace-making, time trials or speed testing.
- You will not lend the bike to anyone.
- You will bring the bike back by the date agreed.
- You will report any problems or damage to Girvan Wheelers Community Bike Library by email.
- The use of helmets is not a legal requirement, but we recommend them.
- You will not attempt any moves beyond your skill level or the bike capabilities.
- Wear suitable clothing and be mindful of anything that may get caught in the bike mechanics.
- Girvan Wheelers Community Bike Library reserves the right immediately to terminate any loan should they become aware of any improper use of the loan bike.
- Bicycles and all equipment remain the property of Girvan Wheelers Community Bike library.
- Please bring the bike back on the date specified and please bear in mind that other people may be waiting for the bike you are riding.
- If you know you have a problem and will not be able to bring the bike back on the specified day please email to inform us.
- The late return of a bike without notification will incur a charge (minimum £10 per bike).
- Always lock the bike if you leave it. Be aware that you are responsible for the bicycle and equipment and will be liable for any loss or damage to them if not secured correctly.
- If the bike or any accessories is stolen you must report it to police and obtain a crime reference number. You must also inform Girvan Wheelers Community bike library by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event of any problems with the bike please email Girvan Wheelers Community Bike library on email@example.com. We will repair or swap for another bike.
- If you take the bike to a bike shop for repair you are liable for the cost
- You accept full responsibility if you ignore any of the above and Girvan Wheelers Community Bike Library are not liable for injury or death to any person or loss or damage to any property that results. Save in respect of liability for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, the loan company’s liability to you whether in contract, breach of statutory duty or otherwise is limited to the cost of the loan. You agree to indemnify us against liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses arising out of or in connection with the death or injury or any damage to property resulting from your loan or use of equipment.
By accepting loan of a bike you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and the content and any liabilities resulting from any breach of the conditions will be your responsibility.